<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Flamingos Forever

Interior of trailer, Edie is in her playpen still dressed in girdle and bra. Babs enters with the steaks.

Babs: (Looking toward cottons bedroom) Cotton! Dinner's on! (She rings a cowbell and yells out the window) Crackers, dinners ready!

Shot of Crackers, lying nude in his bed, surrounded by chicken corpses.

Back inside trailer, Babs is seated next to Edie's playpen.

Eggs!  Eggs!  Eggs! Babs: Well, you're looking pretty chipper, Mama. How was that Eggman today?
Edie: Oh, Babs! He's gonna come to my party as my date, and Cotton bought me so many eggs today. Look at these! (She holds up bowl of eggs) So many little eggies and I'm still starvee and I'm gonna eat them all before I go to sleepee. (Laughs)

Enter Cotton in full skirt, black jeweled leotard top, and cowboy boots.

Cotton: Mmmm--smells delicious, Babs.
Babs: (Serving steak) Thank you, Cotton. It should, I warmed it up when I was downtown today in my own little oven.
Edie: Babs, where do eggs come from?
Babs: From little chickens, Mama. They lay them and we eat them.
Edie: But suppose someday there weren't any chickens. Would that mean there wouldn't be any eggs?
Babs:I don't think you have to worry about that, Mama.
Edie: But . . .but is it true, Babs? If there weren't any chickens, there wouldn't be any eggs? Is that true?
Babs: I suppose so, Mama, but there will always be chickens. You can be sure of that.
Edie:But suppose someday it happens. Suoppose someday there weren't any chickens. Oh, Babs! What could I possibly do? The eggman wouldn't have a job . . .what could I possibly do?
Babs: Now Mama, that's just egg paranoia. I think you're being very silly. There will always be chickens. Why, there are so many chickens now that we can eat some and let some live to supply us with eggs. Chickens are plentiful, Mama. The world will never be without chickens, you can be sure of that.


[It's been awhile since I saw John Waters' Pink Flamingos. A trip to the video rental store is due sometime soon, I think.]