<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Sunday, November 17, 2002

You Are Unique--Just Like Everyone Else!

My friend Adrianna is biracial and she was telling me how people she meets are always asking her "What are you?" By that they mean "What race are you?"
How rude!
Like it's any of their business, right?
I asked her how she responds to that and she said "Well, it used to make me really angry, but now I don't let it get to me. I just tell them."

People are so poroccupied with putting labels on people that sometimes they fail to see people as individuals.
I try to be as color-blind as I can. Actually I try to be as gender-blind and age-blind as I can also.
It's not that I'm not trying to see things as they are. I'm just trying not to get all hung up on the labels: young, old, elderly, child, girl, man, black, white, asian--whatever.
Try it yourself someday.
It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do.

You're probably thinking I'm looking at the world through rose-colored glasses---and you'd be right.
The people who only see the negative (The "Eeyore" people) are very seldom happy or content.

If you look at the world through dung-colored glasses, what do you think the world looks like?
(Hint: Four letters, starts with "S", ends with "T", and it stinks.)