<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Let Me Show You The World In My Eyes


Let me take you on a trip
Around the world and back
And you won't have to move, you just sit still


I just found out that my good friend Mike just got out of the hospital. He had pneumonia. What bothered me the most was that I didn't find out about it until afterward.
I was really angry.
I said "Mike, why didn't you tell me?"
He was like "I didn't tell anyone. I didn't want anyone to worry or make a fuss over me."
On the one hand, I can respect that. I don't like people making a big fuss over me either.
But on the other hand (and there's always another hand with me) if something really serious had happened, like he had died, I wouldn't have known until after it was too late. It just got me thinking about how fragile we all are and how we (most of us, anyway) take things for granted. I walk along thinking that today will be pretty much like tomorrow and that I'll be here along with everyone else. I walk along feeling immortal, and things like this kind of wake you up and make you realize just how mortal we all are.

It snowed like crazy the past couple of days, dumping 26 inches over Baltimore. Supposedly, that's a record for the amount of snow we've gotten. (It hasn't snowed this much in Baltimore since 1866 or something like that.)
My back is killing me from all the snow I shoveled, just to get out of the apartment.
It's poetic justice, I think, considering in my last post I poo-pooed people who freak out when it snows and I was trapped in the apartment with hardly any food and only one roll of toilet paper. Someone upstairs was trying to teach me a lesson.
The only good thing about all this snow was that the restaraunt was closed the last couple of days, so I didn't have to work. Of course, so was everything else, So I couldn't properly enjoy my time off as much as I would've liked.
Back to work tonight.
In fact, I gotta start getting ready. I'm going in early today to see if I can't come on the floor and make a few extra dollars.