<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, March 15, 2003

I Came To Get Paid

You know, if people that went to restaraunts tipped accurately, I would never have money problems at all.
This party of 8 came in last night and when the woman saw the check and realized we'd automatically put a 15% gratuity on it she flipped out, totally went berserk.
"I wanna speak to a manager NOW!"
Now, why would anyone object to gratutity automatically added? Probably because 15% was more than they were planning on leaving, that's why!
My manager told her that was our policy for parties of 8 or more and that he wasn't going to remove it. He asked the lady if her party had gotten good service, and she stated that her waiter (me) was great, the food was delicious, etc.
So I'm not understanding the big problem here.
I guess people don't realize that tips are how we make our money. It's our bread and butter--literally.
Ah, enough of my griping!

It's a beautiful day today. Unfortunatly, I won't be able to enjoy any of it, 'cause I have to leave for work soon.

I'm trying my best to be optimistic.