<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Monday, March 03, 2003

Never Around When You Need One

Stuff that's going on or went down recently:
  • You always hear the term "war on drugs", but a milksop kind of "war" it must be if you can walk down the street with a joint hanging out of the corner of your mouth and nothing happens.
    Oops. I'm going too fast again. Let me explain.
    I'm walking down to (world famous) Lexington Market the other day. I'm headed to the Valu-Plus store to get a two dollar umbrella and a cheap pair of gloves, because I had left my last pair of gloves and my umbrella on the bus. (That makes three pairs of gloves, two umbrellas, and a scarf I've lost so far this year.)
    So anyway, I'm walking along and there's this guy (jiving along like Richard Pryor in Stir Crazy) right through the outside market area (where the vendors sell the cheap sunglasses and incense) with a joint hanging out his mouth! And don't even try to suggest it was a hand-rolled cigarette - I know what marijuana smells like.
    The thing is he waked right by the Baltimore City Police kiosk that's in the center of the marketplace and the policeman looked right at him and did absoloutly nothing about it!
    Uncanny.
  • Speaking of Lexington Market, it's the best place to buy bootleg CDs and DVDs. I was walking along and this guy is a dirty trench coat and a huge knapsack was saying to everybody that passed "Daredevil! DVD! Ten dollars!"
    As much as I love a bargain, I'm not about to buy something from somebody I don't even know. My mama didn't raise no dummy!
    Daredevil's still in theaters. I wonder how he got it on DVD?
  • I was thinking I was tired of going out, but I think it's more I'm tired of going to The Quest.
    I need to go somewhere else for a little while.
  • Off today and I have no plans at all and that's just fine with me.
    I'm going to go where the wind takes me. Just travel along from whim to whim, put myself in the hands of Fate, and see what happens.