<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I'm Useless, But Not For Long

YAY!
I'm so excited!
Listen to this:

I've been talking to Jeff about a job at his new internet cafe/bar/restaraunt, Serendipity 2, slated to open in about a month or so in Mount Vernon and guess what? It's pretty much in the bag. I've got a job there!
There are still some things we have to discuss:
What exactly will I be doing?
Bartending? Serving? Making Espresso?
I've always wanted to be a bartender, so that might be something to look into.
At this point, I don't care much what I'm going to be doing as long as I'm not scrubbing toilets.
What hours would I be working?
I'm not afraid of long hours or hard work. I get alot of that at my current job, as a matter of fact. It's just when you're not happy with where you're working (like I am right now) you don't want to work any more than you have to.
It sucks because I enjoy working.
Moo-lah.
It's all about the Benjamins, baby. It's not love that makes the world go 'round, it's money, honey!
I'm not worried too much about that, though.
When do I start?
I plan on giving my current employer (at least) 2 weeks notice so if this doesn't work out for some reason I could go back if I wanted to.
Actually, I'd probably find a job elsewhere, but I don't believe in burning my bridges.

Anyway, I have a new job--that's the main thing.
It'll be a 15 minute walk from my apartment so I won't have to rely on rides from co-workers or *shudder* the bus.
(I absoloutely loathe taking the bus, but that's another blog entry just waiting to happen.)
Plus, it has the added benefit of being in Mount Vernon, the "gay area" of Baltimore, which means my favorite bars, clubs, the Lambda Rising bookstore and the Gay community Center will be Right There.

I could go on, but I won't. This post is long enough already.
Things are about to change.
My future is comin' on.
More on this as it develops.