<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, May 07, 2003

We Meet At First

Yesterday I met my online chat and email buddy Jeremy (AKA UrbanBaltoBoy) for the first time! We'd been chatting and exchanging emails for over a year.
It was good to finally see him face to face.
I had seen photos, of course, but seeing a picture isn't the same as seeing someone face to face.
Anyway, we met around 7PM at Central Station. It was "happy hour", so we got happy with some cocktails and had some pretty good conversation.
It was kind of awkward at first, though. You meet someone in a chat room and talk to them, exhange emails, and after awhile you feel like you know them but it's not as cut and dried as that. You know them, but only in a kind of superficial surface-level kind of way.
Plus, online you can't pick up suble clues like tone of voice, facial expressions, and body language.
Still, it was pretty cool to finally meet.

After that I went to The Hippo, but there was nothing going on there, so I quickly downed my drink and got outta there.

My next stop was The Baltimore Eagle. It's very dark and kind of sleazy in there, and the smell of leather is so strong it nearly knocks you over. (I love the smell of leather, though.) It had been awhile since I had been there, so what the hell?
After I got there I realized why I don't care for that place that much. Two words: the restroom.
I'm in the restroom for one reason and one reason only--to do my business. I'm not there to watch someone else do thier business, nor do I want anyone watching me.
And I'm defintely not there to do sleazy things with total strangers!
Anyway, I'm there at the urinal and everybody in there was staring at me! Not just looking, but staring, trying to catch a glimpse of something. They were all standing at the urinal, but they weren''t using it. (It doesn't take much thought to figure out what they were doing.)
It was too creepy for words.
Still, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. I'm glad I'm not pee-shy!
Anyway, I only stayed for one drink and then I went home.

I got alot of stuff I still need to do.
On the top of my list is laundry.
The sooner I get started, the sooner I'll get done, so that's what I'm going to do now.