<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

A Five Minute Story

Filter

Sitting next to me at the bar in the club he could've been a model.
His chiseled good looks and perfect hair and eyes that were ice blue were made for a catalog or the cover of a magazine.
He took my breath away.
I lit a cigarette and he glanced up from his cocktail and then leaned toward me, making me dizzy from his closeness. He radiated heat like a sunlamp.
"Can I get some of that?" he said grinning a sly secretive (and totally seductive) smile and gestured toward the cigarette burning between my fingers.
I would've given him anything he wanted. Anything.
"You can have one." I repled, reaching for the pack in my shirt pocket.
"No thanks, I don't want a whole one, just a puff or two of yours, if that's all right."
I handed it to him and watched as he brought his hand to his lips and saw the tip glow brighter as he inhaled.
"Thanks." he said, passing it back between his thumb and his index finger like it was a joint.
Our hands touched briefly.
Smoke curled out the corner of his mouth.
"No problem." I managed to say.
I took a drag and tasted his second-hand kiss on the filter.