<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Monday, June 16, 2003

The Spice Must Flow

Some things are inevitable. You know it, you're prepared for it, no problem.
This was my umpity-umpth Pride so I knew what to expect. There weren't any surprises.

The following things are almost guaranteed to happen on Pride Day:

  • I'm going to run into people. Alot of people. Pretty much everyone I've ever met: Friends, aquaintences, ex-boyfriends, and ever single fuggin' trick since I came out.
  • I'm going to drink too much.
    This year was no exception.

    I got off of work at 4PM Saturday and dashed home as fast as I possibly could. A shower and a quick change of clothes and I'm off.
    My first order of business was getting a drink. I wasn't about to face all of those queens without alcohol flowing through my bloodstream.

    My first stop was The Allegro.
    My boy Jason was there looking like Neo from The Matrix in his shiny black t-shirt and black leather pants.
    Sexy!

    So I belt my drink down and head for the Block Party.
    Once more into the breach!

    I ran into Donnie and he was already drunk and it was barely 8:00!
    He's such a mess, but he's alot of fun, though.
    "Girlfriend!" he screamed when he saw me.

    I'm not going to list all the people I saw 'cause it would take forever and tax my brain too much.
    All the bars were packed well beyond maximum capacity and going to the bathroom meant waiting in a humongous line.
    Every time I turned around I saw somone else I know and I'd give them a hug and a "Happy Pride!"

    I had a blast!
    I partied my ass off---probably too much, actually. It was like a cocktail party that lasted 6 hours. I'm one of those people that never wants to leave the party.

    I got to hang with Chris (who used to tend bar at Central Station) for a little while. Me? Hanging out with the hunkiest bartender in B'more?
    No way, man!
    It was the highlight of the day, actually.
    The only time I'd ever see him was in passing, or he'd be behind the bar making cocktails.
    He is so real.
    I'm glad I got to know him better. He said he was glad he got the chance to hang with me too, which was awesome.

    So anyway, it was a fun day.
    I didn't make it to the festival on Sunday because I had to work, it being Father's Day.
    Grrr!
    Father's Day is a "no request off" day at my restaraunt and there was no way I could get out of it.

    I'm off today and tomorrow. I'm going to use this time to recharge.
    I'm drained.

  •