<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

You Say It's Your Birthday

Today is the birthday of my friend Ralph (AKA Summer Skyy) so last night he called me up and asked me if I wanted to go out.
He didn't have to twist my arm.
I didn't feel like going out Friday, yet I was itching to go out last night?
What's going on in that brain of mine?
I need to get some control over these mood swings.
He wanted to go to The Quest, so that's where we went. There wasn't anything going on anywhere, it being Monday and all, so why not? Everyone must've been "savin' it up" for Pride Weekend cause the place was empty as a. . .I don't know, something that's empty. There wasn't anybody there, that's my point.
So anyway, we had a few cocktails, talked about old times and other things, and clinked glasses at midnight.
"Happy Birthday!"
He tried to chastize me for missing his last two drag performances. I pointed out that I can't go if he doesn't tell me about them first! He said he would call and let me know when he was performing. I'm not psychic.
Anyway, despite the lack of excitement, or perhaps because of it, I had a pretty good time.
David, the bartender, was there but he wasn't working so that gave me a chance to actually have a conversation with him--something I don't get much of a chance to do when he's busy behind the bar. He's such a great guy.
He's like Jason, he can totally turn my mood around.

I woke up refreshed today with no hangover.
Surprise, surprise!
From the amount I drank last night I'm amazed I'm not in agony right now.