<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Thursday, July 03, 2003

It's Like This

There's been all this talk about "A-Listers" and "Top-Rated blogs" lately. As if the number of visitors or the amount of bloggers who link to you were some kind of validation of how "good" your blog is.
It's like some weird "blog popularity contest". My blog's more popular than yours is! Neener neener neener!
It must be a real strain trying to be so "cool" all the time.
Then there's the Bloggies, which I know I'll never win, even if I was trying.
Which I'm not.
And it's not sour grapes either. I honestly couldn't care less.
It's like this:
I blog for me first, the rest of the world comes in somewhere after that.
There are a million things flying around in my head all the time, like a swarm of locusts, and blogging gets rid of some of them.
(Picture Linda Blair in Exorcist 2: The Heretic.)
I would blog even if my hit count were to drop to zero. I don't care about things like that.
I check my Referer Log every once in awhile to see how people got here, but that's just because I'm nosy.
Blogging for me is like therapy, only cheaper and more convenient.
And it's fun, too.
When it stops being enjoyable and starts feeling like work, that's when I'll stop.
I don't see that happening any time soon though.