<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Monday, August 18, 2003

The Interview Game

The Rules:
1. Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2. I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3. You'll update your website with my five questions, and your five answers.
4. You'll include this explanation.
5. You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.
My Questions: (from Zbornak)

1. When you were younger, how did you learn about gay life?
It wasn't easy. When you're gay and you live in "straightville" how do you learn about being gay?
I knew how I felt, and I instinctively knew that (most) of the world thought that being gay was nasty, sinful, etc. so I was very careful to keep my "differences" a secret.
I had heard, of course, all the sterotypical things (gay men want to be women, like to wear dresses, and they molest little boys) and none of them seemed like me. I never wanted to do any of those things.
I had also read Everything You Always Wanted To know About Sex (But Were Afraid To Ask), which, in my opinion, got it all wrong, at least where homosexuality is concerned.
I was saved from all that backward thinking by my local library. The nice librarian clued me in to the GLCCB and their Youth Group. Lambda Rising (the gay bookstore) was right next door, full of books and free newspapers all about being gay! I was like a kid in a candy store.
I consider myself lucky that I grew up in a city with a community center and not some other repressed place.

2. Is Baltimore really like John Waters films make out?
HA! I wish!
Baltimore is a fun city, though. It's like a little New York City--all kinds are represented. And it has it's quirks. It's definitely the "hair hopper" capital of the U.S. Every hairstyle in the world and throughout all time is represented. From Farrah Fawcett's big feathered hair to Carol Brady's shag, you can see it in Baltimore.

3. Aside from ‘Straight Acting’ do you have any other ideas for a reality show?
I think a Real World type show with 7 gays and lesbians sharing a house is a good concept. It's gold just waiting to be mined. Especialy if all types of people from different races or cultures were included.

4. What is wrong with the world?
Where to begin? AIDS, the homeless, hunger?
In my opinion, the worst thing of all is man's inhumanity to man. People treat other people so cruelly and with absoloutely no regard for their feelings. I suppose it's very utopian and simplistic to say "Everyone should treat one another with kindness", but this world of ours will never be without pain and strife until it has respect for human rights.
OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.

5. What is right with it?
There's alot that's so wonderful about this world. It's an amazing place! You want a good example? Go to the Zoo. Look at the giraffes. Fabulous animals.
This is a world of wonder, you just have to keep your eyes open to it.
I try to enjoy everything I do. Happiness is a state of mind, after all.

If you would like me to ask you 5 questions for your blog either leave a comment or email me.