<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Sunday, August 31, 2003

The Remedy Is The Experience

Every single thing that happens in life, good or bad, you get something out of it.
A little bit of wisdom you didn't have before.
I was thinking about my past relationships and I realized that every single guy I've been with has taught me something, even if it's as simple of a lesson as "Never let him in the back door on the first date."
Joe taught me you can't make someone fall in love with you by sheer force of will no matter how much you love them.

Michael taught me that you can't fall in love with someone by sheer force of will no matter how much they love you.

With Keith I learned that infatuation isn't love, but it can hurt you just the same.

Brian taught me not to take anything for granted. A lesson I learned too late, unfortunately.

With Troy I discovered a man won't buy the loaf when your handing out free slices.

Brad gave me the wisdom that too much togetherness too soon can smother a relationship very, very. quickly.

Randy showed me that sex in a DJ booth can be incredibly hot!!!!

David taught me never to get involved with someone who's already in a relationship, even if they assure me it's "almost over".

With Jeffrey I realized I should never change myself to please someone else. Either accept me as I am, or hit the road!

With Peter I realized passion and love are two different animals.

Joey taught me that long-distance relationships just. don't. work.

With Brady I found out there are definite advantages to dating a bartender.

Danny taught me no to be so trusting and not to just blindly believe everything your lover tells you. A very bitter lesson to learn.

Greg taught me to never get involved with someone who's totally closeted.

Rich, though we never became a "big item", taught me to always keep looking up! (Thanks, Rich!)

That brings us to G.
I guess what he's teaching me is that the whole can be greater than the sum of it's parts.
1 + 1 = 2
he + me = unlimited.
I probably won't really know until it's all over.
Hopefully that won't be any time soon.