<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Adventures In Wonderland

Not only an I having to deal with an uninvited guest coming over very very soon to muss up my hair and get me wet (and not in a good way) . . .

And not only am I kind of starting to stress (already!) about starting the new job next week . . .

But somehow, during my travels downtown yesterday, I lost my wallet.
@#$%!
So, I did what my hero Nancy Drew would do: retraced my steps, looked everywhere I could think of, traveled back and forth across town, asked people if they saw anything--but to no avail.
Ooooh! You don't know how mad I got at myself for being so careless. I was kickin' myself in the tail for hours.
I don't take my credit cards out with me (so I don't overspend), and I didn't put my money in there, I put it in my pocket instead, so it's not as bad as it could have been.
The worst thing about it was that my I.D. was in there!
Big deal. Very big deal.
This means that on my next day off (Monday) I'm going to have to haul my butt over to the MVA, fill out multiple forms, and wait in massive lines for most of the day.
Plus, it's going to set me back $20. Not a perfect way to spend a day off.

I'm usually so careful! I can't even remember the last time I lost my wallet, or my keys for that matter!
I'm going to be beating myself up about this for awhile, I can tell already!

Still, it has to be done. I need that I.D. for when I start my new job on Thursday.