<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

And We Move On

I just got back from my interview. After 5 minutes I realized it wasn't so much an interview, more like "orientation with your new manager".
So it's a done deal. I'm in!
I start at the new restaurant on Thursday, September 25th. She said she couldn't fit me on the schedule until then.
I have to go in there the day before (the 24th) to fill out the paperwork and get my uniform, name tag, etc.
SO, seeins that's 2 weeks away, I might as well go ahead and give my notice where I am now.
I wasn't going to. As a matter of fact, I was looking forward to being bad, but maybe this is Fate's way of telling me to do the right thing.
That darn Fate is having it's way with me yet again, dagnabit!

I went out to The Quest last night after work.
It was slow at the restaurant (as usual) and I got out of there extra early, so I thought "Why not?"
The best part of it was I ran into Dave, the bartender, there on his day off.
I dashed over and gave him a big hug and he says,
"You give the best hugs ever!"
And I replied, "Yours aren't so bad, either!"
I've really gotten into hugging people.
I never used to. My family isn't the "touchy-feely" sort, so I used to have this "complex" (for lack of a better word) about touching or being touched.
I'm totally over that now, thank goodness!
I've gotten so used to hugging all my friends that a handshake feels really weird to me now.
Like some sort of strange "straight people" ritual.
Uncanny.
Anyway, it was very nice running into him.
Nothing much was going on and I must've been more tired than I thought because I was yawning so much my jaw kept cracking, so I finished my second drink and went home to bed.
Don't you just hate it when you yawn so big that your jaw is completely as open as it can get? It always reminds me of a snake getting ready to swallow a rat or something.