<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Friday, September 05, 2003

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

It's time to shake things up a bit.
I am mad tired of waiting for the new restaraunt (Serendipity 2) to open. It's been "coming soon" for over three months!
It woulda been nice, but I need to do something now!

I'm thouroughly disgusted with the money I'm making where I'm at, and the "working conditions" couldn't be worse, SO I'm applying at the restaraunt down the street this afternoon, and I'll probably be interviewed at the same time.
It's a "family steakhouse" just like where I am now.
Yes, I know from experience that every restaraunt is different, with different ways of doing things, but I'm very adaptable. I don't forsee any difficulties.
I think it would be good for me.
Reinvigorate me, even.

The only dilemma I'm having is whether or not to jive my two weeks notice, or to just up and quit.
Believe me, I'd really love the satisfaction of throwing my apron at the GM and saying "Take this job and shove it! I quit!"
How dramatic!
I'm not much of a "Drama Queen", and it's so out of character for me, but it sounds like fun, doesn't it?
In all my years of working I've never done that!
On the other hand, I don't want to "burn my bridges" just in case things don't work out.
Then I'm thinkin' why would I even want to go back? I've never had any problem finding a job. Screw them!
Then I think what if I absoloutely had to. If I just up and quit, that's one less option I have.
*sigh*
I can't do anything without a big debate in my head about it first.

The circus is in town, so we're either going to be very busy or very slow at the restaraunt the next two days.
I'm hoping busy, 'cause I got bills to pay.

I'm working tomorrow morning and afternoon, then I'm taking Blondie to the drag show at Leon's, and then I'm working a double shift on Sunday.
I'm going to be one tired boy by the time this weekend is over.