<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Monday, September 08, 2003

Dance, You Monkeys! Dance!

Hey! I'm back again to fill your world with joy!
OK, where to begin?

On the job front: I filled out the application and I was planning on turning it in and getting interviewed Friday, but when I got to the restaraunt they were way too busy to interview me then, and I knew the weekend probably wouldn't be a good time, so in just a little while (right after I post this, actually) I'm going to get it over with.

The drag show was great. What made it not as fabulous was that Blondie wasn't there. I waited and waited and she wasn't at the meeting place. (She didn't know how to get to Leon's, so I was meeting her down the street at a bus stop.) I waited a little more than a half hour and when she didn't show I figured she wasn't coming. Of course, it turns out if I'd waited only five more fuggin' minutes she would've been there, she was running a little late.
I didn't know that at the time, though.
Anyway, the show was great. There was quite a bit of tacky drag, as I had expected.
One performer did a medley of Whitney Houston songs and she had white stuff around her right nostril and she would pause between songs to pretend to snort coke. Her number ended with police sirens and her running off the stage.
Hilarious!
Anyway, congratulations to Nicole Diamond, "Miss Leon's" 2003!

I've been beating my head against the wall trying to decide if I should take the high road, be a good boy and give my two weeks notice, or throw caution to the wind, be a maverick and just quit.
I haven't totally decided, but the low road is looking more and more appealing the more I look down it.
The GM is such an @$$h0!e it's not even funny! I suggested to him that since we were slow at 6:30 yesterday, it might be a good idea to start breaks then instead of waiting until 8PM, because lately we've been getting a little rush about that time.
He says "Yo, yo, yo, you know how we do it, yo. Naw, naw, naw. No breaks 'til 8, yo."
(I'm not joking or exaggerating, this is exactly how he talks! Every other word is the"M.F." words, or the "F" word, and he calls everyone either "Yo", "Bro", or "Boo". He thinks he's black, but he's actually Puerto Rican.)
So what happens? 8PM comes around, half of the servers go on break, and not even five minutes later a line forms at the door, just like I predicted.
We dealt with it and everything was OK, but it could have gone so much smoother.
It's just so annoying. Dealing with him is like trying to explain an algebra equation to a baboon, but for some inexplicable reason the baboon happens to be in charge.
I don't know how much more of that I can stand.

Anyway, I'm off for my interview.
Wish me luck, OK?