<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Monday, September 15, 2003

Living In A World Full Of Stuff

Where to begin? OK, here's the skinney:

Blondie quit the other day.
I haven't had a chance to talk with her yet and she hasn't replied to my email, but I heard from a reliable source that she hadn't made any money that night because they stuck her in the slowest section of the restaurant and she was highly annoyed at that, plus she hadn't eaten all day and she was starving and they wouldn't let her take a break, so she went from merely annoyed to majorly pissed off and walked out.
This, of course, all happens on my day off.
Everybody there knows that Blondie and I are friends so everybody's been coming up and asking "Why did Blondie quit? What's the deal?"
and I'm like "I have no idea, you know more than I do at this point!", but I get the sneaking suspicion that everybody thinks I know the whole story, but I'm just not tellin'.
It's not true, but if they want to think it, who am I to disillusion them?
I'm going to miss working with her, though.

I took the weekend off from blogging to recharge the ol' batteries.
I'm kind of tired of the way this site looks. It needs a facelift.
I'm going over to BlogSkins and see if there's a template there I like.
I'm not going to hold my breath, though.
Whatever happens, I'm not gonna kill this blog.
(What do you call that, anyway? Blogicide?)

Shari Lewis, Johnny Cash, John Ritter.
These celebrity deaths are really bringing' me down.

I caught the VH1 special Vh1 Goes Inside: The Real World.
OK, here's my take on the whole "Reality Show" thing:
If you put cameras all around my apartment, had a camera crew follow me around 24/7, you have me go into a "diary room" with a camera and record all my thoughts about what's going on in my life every day, and you keep on doing that for 35 weeks, and then you edit and condense all that footage into 30 half-hour episodes, mix it with hit songs and add titles and voice-overs, my life would be dammed interesting!
So would anybody else's.