<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, September 20, 2003

U.S.A Capable

Thursday night was dead at work. It was like a ghost town in there. I was lucky to get 10 tables the entire night.
I hate it when it's that slow. Time just creeps.

Everybody was just freaking out about Hurricane Isabel.
"Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"
I never really freak out about the weather. I don't mind rain as long as I've got an umbrella and a raincoat. I hate heavy winds because it musses my hair. It's not the snow that I don't like, it's the coldness.
But weather is just weather. Nothing to get so upset about.

The restaraunt ended up closing at 8PM instead of 10. I know from experience the reason why they closed early was for lack of business and not the weather conditions.
The people who own my restaraunt are so money hungry that torrents of fire could have been falling out of the sky and molten magma been flowing towards us--but as long as customers keep coming in, we'll stay open.

The weather was pretty rotten. Lots of wind and rain. The MTA stopped running at 6PM and I had to get a ride home with a co-worker.
I don't have any gruesome stories to tell about it: No flooding, no power outages.
It was all more of an inconvenience than anything, really.

Right now I'm trying to think of something really incredible for G. and my Wedding (Commitment Ceremony) Anniversary which is October 1st.
It'll be four years! Holy smoke!
(They said it wouldn't last. We had to prove them wrong.)

It's a milestone for both of us, so it's just got to be special.