<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Liquor Is Quicker

On the way home from work yesterday I stopped at Wal-Mart for some mini-blinds. The one's in the living room came with the house and thy're dingy and dusty and ugly.
I guess I could clean them up or something, by why bother when you can buy a new set for only $7?
Wal-Mart is becoming my absolute favorite store! I went there for the blinds and I ended up buying all this other crap that I really didn't need, but it was all on sale so that makes it OK.
I bought a plant for the house. A cactus, which is about the only plant I'll be able to keep alive.
I don't have much of a green thumb.
Forget all that crap about fertilizer, talking sweet to them, and the right shade of light--what plants really want is water and I simply forget to do it.
I'll think, "I should water that plant sometime soon." and then time will pass. A little while later I'll think "Damn, that plant is looking dry! I really need to water it." and that'll be as far as it ever goes.
Give me a fern and in two months it'll be all dried up and dead.

I installed the blinds and then I decided to go out to The Quest for a drink. My friends Mike and John were there. They invited me to a party this Sunday, but I'll be working.
Vince (who I work with) and his boyfriend were there. Vince took a photo of me and said it was for his Halloween costume. I'm like "What's you're costume?" and he said it was a secret, which has got me wondering. He took pictures of almost everyone there.
I wonder what his costume is?
Anyway, I had fun.
John kept buying me drinks, and I kept drinking them because It's a sin to waste good alcohol.
(I says so in the Bible somewhere. I'm almost sure of it.)
Anyway, to make a long story short(er), I ended up drinking too much.
Shocker.
I don't have a hangover yet, though, but I feel pretty lousy.
I'll feel better in a little while, I'm sure.