<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Be Careful How You Use It

The last couple of days wiped me out. Sundays are always busy, but Mondays are almost always mellow and laid-back.
Uh-huh. Not yesterday.
By some fluke we were incredibly busy and I had a double section.
They kicked my ass!

I waited on an old man yesterday and he was reeking of Hai Karate aftershave.
(Some of you are probably too young to remember it, but my Dad used to use it.)
And when I say "reek" I mean it literally--you could smell it from like 10 feet away! Every time I got near his table I felt like I was going to sneeze. Finally, I had to hold my breath whenever I passed by. I lost 2 small parties because they couldn't stand the smell and moved to other tables.
Oh, it was terrible!
My question is: where in the hell did he get Hai Karate? They haven't made that stuff since the early 70's! And why did he feel the need to take a bath in it?
People sure are strange.