<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Is It Worth It? Let Me Work It

Two double shifts back to back, plus a busy weekend, equals Wonder Boy doesn't feel like doing anything he doesn't absolutely have to.
Can you dig it?

In my spare time (Hah!) I've been fooling around on tribe.net when I should be working on my writing and my painting like I promised myself I would.
I have all these canvasses and paints and brushes and I have so many ideas for paintings, but when it comes down to actually doing it I procrastinate, find something else to do.
The same with my writing. I have a marbelized composition notebook nearly half-full of ideas, premises, and notes for more than a dozen short stories and poems, but I haven't gotten around to writing anything but this blog and an occasional five minute story.
I need some motivation.

Mike's b-day was a lot of fun.
We went clubbing and this guy Terry hung out with us and kept buying us drinks and kamikaze shooters. He used to be kind of obsessed with me years ago, but he hasn't tried anything in awhile, so I guess he's figured out that nothing's going to happen. He's totally into Mike, too. Too bad Mike doesn't think of him that way.

Anyway, we had a pretty good time.
"I can't believe it, Jimmy!" he said at one point during the evening.
"What's that?" I answered, sipping my Martini and wondering vaguely if I've had too much to drink or not.
"I'm 30, divorced, with 3 children!" he said in mock horror, arching his eyebrow.

I've got a hair appointment at 3:30 so I have to take a shower and wash my hair.
Yes, I wash my hair before I go to get it done.
Yes, I know they wash it for me, but I don't want to show up with dirty hair.
What would the Shampoo Girl think?