<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Sunday, November 30, 2003

Left Hand Suzuki Method

I had a great Thanksgiving. I stuffed myself so much I could hardly walk.
Call me a glutton if you must.
Ever notice that everyone eats the same foods every year on Thanksgiving? Turkey and/or ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, yams, green bean casserole (with the French-fried onions on top), pumpkin pie, etc?
Just once I'd like to have a Chinese Thanksgiving with Moo Goo Gui Pan, General Tso's Chicken, some shrimp toast and some egg rolls.
Or would that be too strange?

It's been busy in the restaurant but tips have been skimpy (to say the least).
I know people are saving for Christmas, but I have presents to buy too.

Speaking of presents, against my better judgment, I went in for the "Secret Santa" thing at work.
Now I'm expected to spend (up to) $20 to buy a present for this guy "Big Mike" who's a line cook and who I know absolutely nothing about.
Geez! It's hard enough buying presents for people I know!
Ah, well, it's the thought that counts, right?
I just don't want to be known as a 'bad gift giver'. I could go the easy route and get a gift certificate, but that's like saying "I don't care enough to shop for a gift for you so here--buy what you want".
I'm sure I'll figure out something.

Did anyone else catch Justin Timberlake on Saturday Night Live last night?
Not only can that boy sing his ass off, but he has a flair for comedy as well.
That skit he did as Jessica Simpson almost made me wet my pants!

I'm working a double shift Monday and if we're as busy as we have been, I'm going to need a stiff drink afterwards to recover.
People are so bitchy when they come in the restaurant after doing their Christmas shopping!