<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Hot Or Not?

What makes a blog good?
The answer depends entirely on who you ask. It seems like everyone has a different opinion about this topic.
Here's mine:
Hey, Good Lookin'!-
Does the blog look good? Is it visually appealing?
Is the background color, font size and color, photos/graphics easy on the eyes?
If you have a bright red background with kelly green lettering in a tiny font, dead links, graphics that aren't displaying and blink tags and animated graphics all over the place, I'm not going to stick around and read it, no matter how good it might be.

Y Tori DoNt BlOg-
Punctuation and grammar are important, but not all important. I'm not going to not read something just because of a few misspelled words.
(I sometimes slip and misspell something myself, and I have Spell Check, so it should be a no-brainer!)
The important thing is that I be able to read it.
If it's a big ol' "word salad" and I can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to say, I'm going to go elsewhere. So will everyone else, probably.

Ask Me If I Care-
This is the most important thing. In order for me to keep coming back, the blog must touch me in some way.
Is the blog interesting? Does it make me think? Does it make me laugh? Does it make me sad? Does it make me want to know more? Does it convey a point of view?
Does this person have something to say, or are they just wasting their time and mine?