<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Now Just Wait A Minizzle

It's chilly in the house as I type this. Not cold enough where I can see my breath, but it feels like it.
I've tried to seal all the places where drafts could come in, buy I must have forgotten something, because I'm sitting here in a sweatsuit and I'm still cold.
It makes me want to move back into the old loft apartment where the heat worked so well and it would get so hot in there you could walk around naked without caring.
G. absolutely loves it when I walk around nude, but I won't be doing that again until summer arrives again.

I'm in a good mood today.
It's chilly in here, but I can deal.
I gotta go to work later and it's either going to be crazy busy, or super slow. Whatever, I'll be able to handle it.
I'm even OK with the fact that I set the VCR to tape my all-time favorite Christmas movie, Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life! last night, but for some reason it didn't record. I'd rather rent the DVD from Blockbuster anyway--no commercials.

I stopped by the alcoholic store last night to get some cocktail fixins and this guy was standing in front of me in line and he turns around and looks at me and says, "You look like Brad Pitt!"
Now, I look nothing like Brad Pitt. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you the same. There is nothing about me that is in any way Brad Pitt-ish.
So I said, "I don't look anything like Brad Pitt."
and he says, "Yes you do! You look just like him!"
and then I said, "Well, I don't think so, but thanks anyway."
For some reason I still can't fathom, that sentence totally set him off.
"Whadya mean 'thank you'?!" he said, raising his voice with every word. "I ain't no faggot! I don't do that faggot shit! Why'd you say 'thank you' for?!!"
At this point he's shouting and everyone in the store is looking over at us, and the cashier's eyes are rolling back in her head.
I said, "Well, most people think Brad Pitt is sexy, so I took it as a compliment, that's all. I wasn't implying anything."
By this time the cashier had rung up his 40 oz. and put it in brown paper bag and he was headed for the door. I put my bottle of wine on the counter and the cashier says to me, "There's no shortage of crazy people in this world."
"Tell me about it." I said.

No matter what happens, I refuse to let this crazy topsy-turvy world steal my boyish laughter from me!