<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Friday, December 12, 2003

Three Degrees Or Less

Not yesterday, but the two days before it, were essentially foodless days for me. Aside from my big bowl of nuts the other day, I'd barely eaten anything for two days.
I wasn't depressed or feeling sick or anything, I just wasn't hungry.
Then at work yesterday, being around all that food, smelling it, watching people eating it, I was sudendly hungry like the wolf.
I gorged.
Whenever I wasn't out on the floor serving my tables I was in the server station shoving something in the hole in my face.
I'm such a pig sometimes--but at least I'm aware of it.

They say there's six degrees of separation between you and everyone else in the world, but I don't believe it.
In Baltimore, I think it's three degrees or less.
in the past 2 days I've unexpectedly run into. . . 1 ex-boyfriend, 1 former trick, my arch-nemesis (I'll tell the story eventually), someone who lived next door to me almost 10 years ago, and my old Biology teacher who I waited on in the restaurant yesterday.
I think the Christmas season brings out people who don't get out of the house any other time of the year.
Thas what it is, I betcha.