<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Friday, December 19, 2003

Throw Down

"Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; The way you play it is free will."
--Jawaharlal Nehru

I finally got a game of spades together last night! YAY!
My friend Missy and her boyfriend came over and they, and G. and I, played a rousing game while Missy did her laundry.
We played the "jailhouse version" with the Big Joker, Little Joker, and deuce being greater than the ace.
We just sat around drinking Bacardi while we threw down.
(For those who don't know, the key to plasying spades is bidding accurately. Underbid and you get sandbags, overbid and you get set. Get 10 sandbags, and you go back 100 points. Get set more than four times, you lose.)
They kicked our asses!
You know what? I had fun anyway.

I've been trying to watch what I eat more carefully lately. I took a long look in the mirror and I noticed a slight "kangaroo pouch" starting to accumulate around my tum and I can't have that at all!
Nobody else seems to have noticed it. (It's just a little pouch, after all). But I've still got to nip this in the bud!
I'm not going to be one of those people who "let's themselves go"!
According to this article in Men's Heath, consuming more calories than you burn is what causes you to get fat--it's that simple.
Apparently, it's all about making better food choices.
You could have a jumbo slice of double fudge cake (almost 700 calories). Or you could eat a bowl of oatmeal, a bowl of cornflakes (with banana), an english muffin with jam, two dishes of fresh fruit, and three rice cakes and still not have as many calories as that one slice of cake.
I've been watching what I eat very carefully the last couple of days, and I plan on continue with it and see what happens.
I will not let myself go, I don't care what I have to do. I'll even start smoking crack if I have to!
(Just kidding about the crack, y'all!)