<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, December 06, 2003

To and Fro, High and Low, Snow, Snow, Snow

It snowed some last night and a little this morning. Actually, there's still a little coming down, but not much to speak of.
It's the first snow of the year (for us) and definitely not the last.
You'd think Baltimorians (Baltimorons?) had never seen snow before!
I don't know why it still amazes me how so many people totally freak out because of a little snow.
They exaggerate things, too, which annoys me to no end.
This is how it happens: one person hears that we're getting 4-6 inches, but in their head they think we'll probably be getting more, so they tell someone "Oh, yeah, I heard we could get up to 8 inches!" then that person tells someone else that he heard were were going to get 10. And it just gets worse from there.
So I'm at work last night and I'm looking out the window and it's barely doing anything out there, and I hear people saying it's going to be a blizzard etc., etc.
When people tell me horror stories about the weather my first thought is: "I'll believe it when I see it."
Everyone was predicting that the restaurant would be closed today, but traffic seems to be going OK, so I won't be getting out of it that easily.

I'm working tonight and then a double tomorrow, and another double on Monday. It's not going to leave much time for blogging, so I'll be posting nest on Tuesday, unless I can fit some time in somewhere.
'Til then, take care, everybody!

Re: this article.
You know, this doesn't really surprise me a bit. I've noticed that every time I go to A&F, the salespeople are exceptionally good-looking.
I knew there had to be a reason for that!