<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

In A Room Where You Do What You Don't Confess

You better take care, if I find you've been creepin 'round my back stairs

I love going to gay bars and clubs and being around my fellow homosexuals.
My brothers and sisters!
It's like a sanctuary. I can kick back, have a few cocktails, and chill.
It gets somewhat annoying, however, that whenever I go to the bar for a drink, or to the loo, someone's right over there hitting on my husband the second I leave.
Or the reverse, someone comes over and starts hitting on me. I honestly don't know which one is worse.
It used to make me really mad. Fighting mad.
"Get yer hands offa my man! I'll kill you!"
You get the picture.

Sometimes I think it's a sin when I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again

Now I expect it to happen. I know what's going to happen next. I'm prepared for it.
The husband and I have several years under our belt. Plus, we have something else going for us.
Trust.
I can relax somewhat. He's not going anywhere.

Sometimes I think It's a shame when I get feeling better when I'm feeling no pain

One of my main philosophies: Never worry about things you have no control over.
Why?
Because there's nothing you can do about it, that's why! You're wasting precious mental energy. Energy you could be using for the things you do have control over.
Worrying over things you can't do anything about or continuously damning yourself for things you've done will turn your hair gray and send you to the loony bin.
It's not a place I plan on visiting any time soon.

(P.S. Anyone who knows the artist or song I got these lyrics from, give yourself a gold star!)