<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, January 10, 2004

It's A Fabulous Life!

As much as I enjoy watching VH1's The Fabulous Life, I'm going to try my best not to watch it anymore. It makes me too mean.
Seeing celebrities spend more on one handbag (that's only good for one season, by the way) than I do in a year on necessities like food and rent just makes me sick.
It makes you want what you will never have.
Plus, it makes you think less of your own life.
How could it not? I'm not flying around in my own private jet, living in a mansion, or spending $50 on a hamburger. Normal life looks pretty shabby in comparison.
What some people fail to realize is that life itself is pretty fabulous.
I won't be shopping at Harry Winston anytime soon, so I take pleasure in the simple things.
  • Grilled cheese sandwiches with a bowl of Campbell's tomato soup. Mmmmmm. The ultimate comfort food.

  • Hot showers with plenty of water-pressure, making my hide pink and squeaky clean.

  • A smoke after lovemaking. That's when a cigarette tastes best!

  • When I'm right in the middle of a really good book.

  • Dancing around the house in my underwear, playing air-guitar to a stadium of teddy bears.

  • Stretching in the morning. I devote a good five minutes when I first wake up to stretching every part of my body. G. says I look like I'm having a seizure in slow-motion. It feels fantastic, though.
Does this mean I wouldn't take fame or fortune if it was offered to me?
No way, man! Are you crazy?
I'll take whatever I can get.