<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Extra Pickles, Hold The Lettuce, Special Orders Don't Upset Us!

I managed to get the day off today. It wasn't easy.
They hate when you try to shuffle your schedule around.
"We give you your schedule and your responsibility is to work it. If you need a certain day off you need to put in a request for it."
That's what my manager told me one time when I asked if I could switch days with someone.
Which is complete and total b.s. because almost everyone does it.
Anyway, I got someone to cover my morning shift today and I'm working somebody else's evening shift on Thursday.
I hate day shifts anyway.
It was so slow last Tuesday I finshed the paperback book I was reading (Twilight Eyes by Dean Koontz) that I was halfway through when I arrived at work. I'm a fast reader, but that's ridiculous!
And they wouldn't let me leave, that's what was really getting me. We're dead, I have one table (and if I bug them any more than I have already they'll start to complain), every server in the restaurant is just standing around not doing anything because there's nothing to do and they tell me I can't go.
"I can't let you go. What if we get busy? What'll I do then?" she asked me.
She's very lucky I chose not to answer that question.
And probably so was I. If I had, I'd probably be fired.

Aside from tidying up the house and cashing my check, I have nothing on the agenda for today.
This is a good thing.

I'm starting to wonder about the "straight" girls at work.
They've been going to the lesbian bar an awful lot lately.