<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Take A Sip From My Molotov Cocktail

Yesterday went pretty much the way I suspected it would.
I came on the floor at noon, but I didn't get my first table until around 3PM, mostly because the hosts don't know how to seat the door correctly.
When I finally got sat, they kept sending group after group (after group) of mutants for me to wait on.
One group's children were throwing chicken bones at one another!
Some people think the fact that the Banquet Room is isolated from the rest of the restaurant is why these children act like animals, but I blame poor home training. If those children were raised the right way, they wouldn't act up like that.
When I was a child, I wasn't even allowed in a restaurant until I proved I could conduct myself in an adult-like manner. I didn't want to stay home with a sitter, so I was always on my best behavior.
This included "yes, sir", "no, ma'am", "please", "thank you", elbows off the table, napkin in my lap, holding the door for people, and "may I be excused, please?"--the whole nine yards.
It wasn't an option, it was mandatory.
Anyway, I didn't end up getting out of there 'til 10:30 or so.
I don't get assigned the Banquet Room that often, so I can deal.

And in other news:
This blog got a good review on Blogarama.
How boss is that?