<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, March 06, 2004

White Castle Fries Only Come In One Size

I didn't end up going out to Gallagher's last night. By the time I got finished cleaning my section and rolling my silverware it was too late.
I would've had less than an hour and a half.
Why can't the clubs be open 'til 4AM like in New York?
Of course, you can't smoke in the clubs in New York, so I guess I should count my blessings.
Instead, I went to The Drinkery It turned out to be Karaoke Night, and had I known that I probably would have went somewhere else.
It was OK. I had two drinks and talked to Josie for a little while and then I went home.

A woman in my section last night asked me if I was "a homosexual". I didn't know why she was asking, but I told her yes.
She said she thought so, because her grandson is a homosexual and I remind her of him.
Granny's gaydar was working perfectly.
Honestly, I don't care for the word "homosexual".
I feel about that word the way black probably people feel about the word "negro".
It might not necessarily be meant in a derogatory way, but it's antiquated. Old fashioned. It's what they used to call us.
Plus, it has too many damn syllables.
Ho-mo-sex-u-al.
Gay sounds much better. I even prefer the word queer over that.

I'm working a double in the Banquet Room today.
The Banquet Room on Saturdays is where they stick all the welfare mothers with six (or more) children who run around like little Hellions, the huge parties where nobody wants to leave, and all the teenagers who don't know how to act.
Pray for me.