<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Dreamscape Escapades

Last night I dreamt of Yoko Ono.

First, let me just state that most of the time I don't remember my dreams.
But whenever it happens that I do happen to remember them they're very, very weird.
We're talking David Lynch meets Salvadore Dali in The Twilight Zone kind of bizarre surreality that only my twisted mind could come up with.
Clowns brandishing rutabagas and painted prostitutes on unicycles baking Betty Crocker pies kind of strangeness.
So it stands to reason that nothing I ever dream of (or remember that I dreamt, rather) ever surprises me.

Anyway, here's the dream:

In this dream Yoko and I were really good friends, and for some reason she was only around 30 years old and she had long shining black hair that would have probably reached her butt if she hadn't had it up in a soft ponytail.
We were in her bedroom, sitting indian-style on her huge bed drinking green tea from delicate china cups. We were both wearing flannel pajamas (hers floral and mine checked) and Yoko had moisturizer on her face and we were chatting and giggling like little schoolgirls.

"I love what you've done to the place, Yoke." I said, sipping my tea and gesturing at the room.
(I was calling her "Yoke" all through the dream.)

"Thanks, Jimmy," she replied , "But it was all my designer's work. I just told him to give me something fabulous!"

"Well, one can never be too fabulous." I said, sipping more tea.

"Let me tell you something, Jimbo, the best way to be fabulous is to just do whatever you want and not give a rat's ass about what anybody else thinks," she replied grabbing her jar of moisturizer from her bedside table and dabbing more underneath her eyes.
"People will talk about you, of course, but they're just jealous that you have the courage to do what you want and they don't. People will talk about you whatever you do, so you might as well do whatever you want."
"You want some?" she said, indicating the jar of moisturizer.

"Uh, no thanks, Yoke, I'm fine." I replied.

"I'm cold." Yoko stated suddenly, "Come get under the covers with me and we'll tell each other outrageous stories about the wild times of our youth!"

She giggled and the corners of her eyes crinkled up.
We pulled back the covers and got under them and proceeded to talk, seemingly for hours. I don't remember our conversation, but it was wild, funny, and totally amazing.
One thing I do remember her saying is:
"If your life has no fun in it, than what's the point of living?"

I remember replying, "That's my philosophy on life exactly!"

All in all, a pretty good dream
Maybe I'll dream of Yoko again sometime.