<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, April 17, 2004

Just Like A Pill

    Question of the Day:

    If there were a pill you could take that would change your sexual orientation and make you totally straight, would you take it?
    (Assume that the effects are permanant and irreversable and there are no ill side-effects.)

My answer?
If someone would have asked me that question at age 15, I would have said, "hell, yes! Give it to me!" and swallowed it without even a glass of water to wash it down.
Had I taken that (hypothetical) pill then I would (quite possibly) have never been kicked out of the house and disowned and life would (probably) have been alot easier.
There are no guarentees it would have worked out that way, of course.

If someone were to ask me that now, I would say no. No way. Hell, no!
It's taken awhile to be comfortable in my own skin. If I took a "straight pill" I'd have to learn myself all over again.

Would I like Cher as much as I do? Probably not.

Would I still enjoy watching reruns of Wonder Woman? Actually, I probably would -- but I'd be looking at Lynda Carter's melons instead of paying attention to the plot.
And I would only look at Undergear to peruse the clothes. How whack would that be?

Plus, what kind of women would I be attracted to? I would have no way of knowing any of that.

(Note To Fireguy: I know you said you take the pill if it were offered to you, but I think you should think about it some more.)