<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

As Time Goes By

    Thursday, May 27th, 2004

    Dear Jimmy:

    Knowing you, and I know you very well (how could I not?), and knowing how you're always so focused on what's going on RIGHT NOW, and how forgetful you sometimes are, chances are you've forgotten all about writing this letter.

    It's a little strange writing to you (me), considering that I have no idea what will be going on in your (my) life as you're reading this.

    Ten years ago, I was living a totally different life than the one that I'm living now, and chances are, the future will be just as unpredictable.

    Having said that, let me just refresh your memory on where I (you) are at right now, and what's going through my (your) mind about the way things are . . .


So begins my letter to my future self, set to deliver on May 27th, 2014, exactly ten years from this date.

As long as I have the same email address, (I've had this one nearly ten years, so I don't see it changing any time soon) it'll be delivered right to my future self's INBOX.

Jimmy of ten years from now is in for a surprise.