<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Friday, June 18, 2004

Jimmy's On Crack (And I Don't Care)

First just let me just state for the record that I am NOT on crack, so don't send me emails, links to NA, or plan an "intervention", OK?

It's just the last couple of days it's been difficult for me to focus.
Yesterday I kept forgetting drink orders, I was bringing the wrong things to the wrong tables over and over again, and I dropped my serving tray (loaded with dishes) no less than three times!
That alone is highly unusual. Normally I can carry a full tray with one hand, have dishes stacked in another, and maneuver through a dining room full of people moving this way and that and not drop one thing. I could probably even balance a few on top of my head like an Indian woman would. (I've never tried it, but I might could do it.)

Everyone kept asking me, "Jimmy, what's wrong? Are you OK?"
I don't know exactly what was wrong with me, but it seems to be over now.
At least I didn't spill someting on someone like another server did last week when a full glass of Hawaiian Punch went all over this guy wearing a white outfit. And the guy wasn't gracious about it either (i.e "Don't worry about it. Accidents happen!") He had a total shit fit, and I probably would have too if it had been me.

I was invited to go out with some people from work to the Bar of Baltimore last night.
I said thanks but no thanks.
Most of them are underage with fake IDs and hanging out with a bunch of kids who are probaly going to drink too much and act up isn't really my cup of tea.
Plus, I'm going to get enough of that anyway in the next couple of days at Pride Weekend.

Off to work in a little while and then I'm not due back in until Monday. I almost feel like a regular person with a normal schedule.