<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

People Are Still Having Sex

I was chatting with my buddy Fireguy the other day and the subject somehow got around to sex, the way it always seems to do when we talk.
Fireguy: I had an Asian boy the other day. He was hot!
Wonder Boy: Shut up! I've never had an Asian boy! I'm so envious!
FG: You could have one if you wanted to.
WB: Duh! Does the word "commitment" mean anything to you?
FG: I'm not sure. I might have to consult my Merriam-Webster.
WB: If you had to guess, how many sexual partners do you think you've had?
FG: I dunno. I'm definitely in the triple digits.
WB: I'm probably there, too. Not long ago I tried to calculate it, and my best guess was . . .
150? Maybe?
FG: I've got you beat. I'm around 300 or so. At least.
Which made me flashback to a conversation I had with somebody else on the same topic.
He: Doesn't it bother you a little that you've been used by so many people?
Me: I don't look at it that way.
He: How can you not? They were using you for sex, weren't they?
Me: Nobody was "using" anybody! It was mutual.
He: So you were using them too and that makes it okay?
Me: As I just said, I don't think of it that way. If two people are attracted to one another and they have sex, I don't see anything wrong with that. Sex isn't a "dirty" thing to me.
He: Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, you know.
Here's my take on the subject, just to clarify matters:

As long as both parties are consenting (and old enough to consent), neither one is married or in a committed relationship, or are related to one another, contraceptives are used to prevent pregnancy and protection is used to prevent HIV (and other STDs), I don't see anything wrong with sex.

I was raised that sex outside of marriage was wrong, sinful, and unholy.
But guess what? I'm gay, so I'm going to Hell anyway, no matter what I do, so I chucked all that stuff about sex being dirty and sinful.
I had to come up with my own ideas on what's correct and proper (or improper).

If feeling this way is wrong, I don't want to be right.