<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Start The Waterworks

I watched the movie Peter Pan last night on DVD. It's an enjoyable movie and it's very true to the book version.
Good family fun.
I was blubbering like an infant near the end ("I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!") but that's not unusual for me.

And the strange thing is, real life tragedy doesn't affect me that way. Like when my good friend Joe died nearly ten years ago, I was devastated. I was upset for weeks. I couldn't even think about him without getting all emotional.
But I didn't cry. Not even at his funeral.

Any and all tales of heartache, pain, and woe will make me upset beyond words, but no tears come.
Then I'll watch The Lion King and the part where Mufasa dies comes on and I can't even see the screen for the tears.

When I was in the theater watching Latter Days a few months ago and there were a few scenes in that movie that tugged at my heartstrings. The friend I was at the movies with asked me, "Why are you crying? It's a happy ending!"
"I know." I said as tears rolled down.
Anyone going to the movies with me better expect a blub-fest.

I don't mind, though.
The tears let me know that I still feel.