<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I Know You Gonna Let Me Shine N Get Mine

I've been doing this "High protein/Low Carb" thing for a little while, which means that basically I've been eating like a caveman.
Meat, GOOD! Carbs, BAD!
I've noticed one thing  though . . . meat doesn't fill me up.
I had seven eight-ounce steaks at work the other day and I was still hungry.   Then I ate a saltine and suddenly I was full.
It seems to be working.   I've almost lost that little bit of weight that was on my belly.
Nobody else sees it and everyone tells me I'm nuts, but I know it's there.  Got to nip it in the bud, before things get out of hand.
My friend Jay tells me I have the body image of a girl, always worrying about my complexion, my hair, and my weight.  I don't know how true that is, but I know that (in this society anyway) thin = sexy.  I'm not just going to "let myself go".
I really do miss carbs though, and sometimes I cheat a little.  We had chocolate mousse at work yesterday and I just had to have some.  I would have died without it.

I'm off today and aside from a little housework, all I plan on doing is grabbing my swimsuit and lounging in the pool all day. 
I'm not coming out until I look like a giant pink raisin.