<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

My Head Is My Only House

Unless I suddenly grew a third eye in the middle of my forehead causing people to stare, or there's something else strange about me that I've been unable to detect, I've been getting cruised a lot today.
And if that's the case, I don't understand why.
But I like it, even if I don't plan on doing anything about it.

I'm currently downtown at a "cyber cafe" enjoying a vanilla latte and staring at my bran muffin, which I really didn't want but felt compelled to buy anyway. It's strange blogging in a public place, but I'm liking that too.
I'm also enjoying being off and seeing all the people in their business suits heading back to their offices.
"Suffer in your cubicles," I think sadistically, "I'm free!"

July 4th was a total bust.
The restaurant didn't close early after all, and I got sat a group of obnoxious people five minutes before we closed. The worst part was these people couldn't get the hint that the restaurant was closing even though the Muzak was turned off, there were no other customers, and all the employees were cleaning like mad all around them. When we started putting the chairs on top of the tables and I had pre-bussed them down to just their drinks, they finally caught on.
"Uh, are you guys closing?" one of them asked.
"We've been closed for 45 minutes." I replied, trying desperately to keep the annoyance out of my voice.
Duh! Do they need a house to fall on them?
I didn't get out of there 'til late, and by the time I got home, the party was all over.
It was just another day.

Housework is on my list of Things To Do for today, whenever I get myself home.
I'm in no rush at all, believe me.