<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Peekaboo, I See You!

Yesterday was spent doing almost nothing. Well, nothing "productive" anyway.
I didn't even make my bed.
I'll admit I'm lazy, but I'm not normally that lazy. It's just I had worked the last seven days in a row, and I'm working the next five days and yesterday was my only day off in between. The idea of doing a load of laundry, vacuuming, or even running the dishwasher made me tired just thinking about it.

Plans for Fireguy visiting me here in B'more, or me going down to Atlanta for a visit just keep falling through for one stupid reason or another. I haven't seen him in over seven years and every time we plan something it just doesn't work out.
I'm getting quite annoyed about it.

I felt the urge to go out for a few cocktails and to shoot a game of pool or two last night, so I went to the Port in a Storm.
There was a group of guys there and one of them looked awfully familiar. I'm pretty good with recognizing faces, and I was thinking, "I know this guy from somewhere, but where?"
Then I saw his cute grin and I knew immediately who it was: Kel.
I would introduce myself on the way out, I decided.

I shot four games of pool and lost miserably at every one of them while knocking back a few Cap'n Morgan and Cokes, and before I knew it, it was Last Call.

Right before I left I went over to him. (I'm sorry if this isn't word for word, it's not like I had a tape recorder going.)

    "Excuse me, Kel?" I said.
He looked a little surprised and I can't say I blame him. I remember the first time someone came up to me and said, "Wonder Boy?". It's a weird feeling.
    "I'm Wonder Boy." I said.
Let me just state for the record that I don't go around introducing myself as Wonder Boy all the time. It was just the easiest way I could think of to let him know who I was.
We shook hands.
    "How are you doing?" I asked him.
    "I'm drunk!" he said, grinning.
    "Me too! Me too!" I replied.
I hadn't eaten much yesterday and those Cap'ns had made me a little tipsy.
    "Anyway," I said, "I just wanted to say hello. Take care!"
    "You too!"
I said goodbye to the bartender and made my exit.

No toil, some pool, some Cap'n Morgan, and meeting a fellow blogger.
It was a good day.