<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

"Stepford" Husband

Anybody that knows me is absoloutely certain that I am not a "Wonder Worker" around the house. "I'll do it tomorrow" is a phrase I use often whenever the husband suggests some job or task that needs to be done. A little dirt never killed anyone, is my usual attitude.
So what possessed me to be all domestic yesterday?
I actually dusted. What's up with that?

Not only did I dust, but I washed every single item of dirty clothes I could find, did all the dishes and I put them away (which never happens!), and I watered the garden.
I even got out the old tool kit and took care of those little repair jobs around the house.

I distinctly remember having a dust rag in one hand and a can of Pledge in the other. My "stories" were on and I'm cleaning like mad and thinking how good it feels to get the house in order!
I'm actually looking for dirt and feeling overjoyed when I find some to eradicate.

There is something terribly, terribly wrong with this picture.

I seem to be myself today, thank goodness, but if you should ever hear about me doing this on a regular or daily basis, just know this - I've been duped.