<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Why Must We Always Go There?

I don't know what it was, but yesterday must have been Moron Day at work.
I never claimed to be any Brainiac, but every other table would frustrate me with their stupidity.
For example: Table of three. Looks like a mother, father and their young son. Their drink orders were two iced teas and a Pepsi. I go to the soda fountain, make them, and bring them to the table. I sit them down and the woman asks, "Which one is the Pepsi?"
Now two of them are dark golden brown colored and have lemon wedges on the top of the glass, the other one is black-lookin' with bubbles all through it, and foam on top. It should be obvious which was which.
I just wanted to say, "C'mon lady, take a wild guess. Which one do you think is the Pepsi?"
If this happened only once in awhile, I think I could take it better. I bite my tongue so much it has permanent scars.
It infuriates me when people expect me to do their thinking for them.

I brought my uniform to work yesterday and changed after I got there. It's my opinion that if your work requires you to wear a uniform it's essential that your co-workers (and management) see you in "regular" clothes every once in awhile. It lets them know you have a life outside of work.
Anyway, I was wearing a chain on my keyring which was attached to my belt loops on the front and back of my Levis and Martina said, "What's with the chain? You into that S & M stuff, or something?"
"Yep!" I replied, "Just call me 'James Bondage'!"
She gave me a look.
People don't know if they should take me seriously or not.

I'm going to be working tomorrow night (Independence Day). I was going to request the day off, but it slipped my mind and by the time I remembered it was too late.
Normally I'd be upset about it, especially considering the husband has the night free and can enjoy the fireworks, but I don't really care about that for some reason I can't fathom.
I'm definitely going clubbing after work, though. Since most everyone's not working Monday, the clubs should be jumpin' jumpin'.