<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Blended, Not Mixed

Let me just say right now that bi- and multi-racial people are some of the most beautiful people in the world.
I'm sure there are some exceptions, but it seems like multi-racial people get the best parts of their racial heritages.
And it doesn't seem to matter what races are included: black and white, black and Asian (which my buddy Matt calls "blasian"), Asian and white -- what have you.
A co worker of mine is white, black, and Cherokee and he's hot, OK?

(Let me also say that I don't care for the term "mixed". I know other people use it and don't see anything wrong with it, and that's fine, really.
It just reminds me of breeders discussing the pedigree of their dogs. "Fluffy is a poodle / Pomeranian mix.")

I can envision some future time when everyone's one shade of tan or another and racial prejudice is something from the distant past and barely remembered. ("People hundreds of years ago discriminated over color? What were they thinking?") It just underscores the fact that we are all. one. race.
The Human race.
unfortunately, we've a long way to go before the utopia I described comes about.

What brought all this on? Well, I'm glad you asked!
My girlfriend Mel brought her daughter Desty to my work yesterday. Desty is white and black and the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. You have to see this child -- one look and you would fall instantly in love.
Every time I see Desty I just want a child of my own.
It's crazy, I know, but I can't help it --she's that adorable.

Any black or Asian girls out there want to have my love child?