<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

I Ain't Goin' Nowhere

I saw Catwoman the other day.
It was all right.
Not fabulous, but not as terrible as the reviews I've read.
The special effects were fairly decent and Halle sure got the cat moves down.
It was just one of those movies that's better on DVD when you can pause it to go to the bathroom or to pop your own corn in your kitchen. But go see it in the theater if you've got 90 minutes to kill.

Speaking of killing . . . (nice segue, huh?)
What's up with all the blogicide?
There's been all these bloggers killing and/ or discontinuing their blogs.
Mike, Joey, Sissy, and now SoBlo (among others).
And I've heard all sorts of reasons for it: "the 'wrong' people were reading", "I don't have time for it anymore", "I had to censor myself too much", "It became too much work" and (the most absurd of them all) "I have become a monster!"
I'm sure those bloggers feel their reasons are valid.
The pity of it is, they were good bloggers and I really enjoyed reading them regularly, and now I have to delete them from the blogroll.
Poof, begone!
It's like a favorite TV show being cancelled. Someone pulled the plug and and I end up with a dead link.

Let me just state for the record: I'm not going anywhere.
Through the good times and the bad, through the truly inspired to the insipid, I will be here.
I don't give up anything that easily.