<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I can't Relax Fast Enough

I'm so glad to have a day off. If I had the energy, I'd jump for joy.

I went totally ballistic yesterday at work.
We were so slow and I was on my second double shift in a row. I was tired, I was sick of just standing around and all I wanted to do was go home.
I was in the back section, no guests had come through the door and my section was empty for over three hours. The headwaits said there was absoloutely no reason why I couldn't go home, there were more than enough servers to cover my section, so I asked Lisa (the manager on duty) if I could leave and she said no. She didn't even let me finish my scentence, which was just rude.
The only reason she said that was to throw her wight around and it totally pissed me off.
Crystal calmed me down and took me in back for a smoke and I calmed down and finished out my shift.

And the managers shrug and ask themselves why they can't keep the restaurant staffed, and wonder why people quit and walk out so frequently.
Duh!

I am so psyched!
As an early Birthday prestent (to myself) I ordered the Nikon CoolPix 2100 digital camera. It should arrive in two to three weeks.
I can't wait.

It's been wonderful having Rico. He's been pretty good most of the time.
I'm not even minding getting up in the middle of the night to let him out so he can "conduct his business".

As a matter of fact, in just a little while I'm taking him for a walk in the park. I want him to enjoy the outside while the weather is still nice.