<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

My Own Personal Holiday

My birthday is this Friday (the 22nd of October), and it should be no surprise that I requested Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off.
Thursday to prepare, Friday to party, and Saturday to recover (and to possibly party some more).

I treat my birthday like it's a holy day of celebration. I never went to school on my birthday and I've always requested off any job I've had, because it's my opinion that you shouldn't have to do anything you don't want to on your Special Day.
It's not that I expect that a crown should be put on my head and I'm Queen for a day (don't go there!), it's just that it's impossible for me to treat it as any other day, even though to the rest of the world that's exactly what it is.

It's a day to reflect of what I've done with my life so far. It's a time to remember all the things and events that led me here where I am today. It's a day to break out the diaries and old shoeboxes full of photos.

It's also the day when I'll drink too much, and probably party too hard.
Maybe I should get some RU21?