<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Save The Day

Yesterday was going along business as usual at the restaurant. It was Veterans Day, so we were a little busier than usual.
I had a pretty full section, but things were going pretty smoothly.
Right in the middle of my shift someone alerted me that an old man had fallen in the bathroom stall and was unable to get up by himself.
I had a pretty full section, but I asked the other servers to keep an eye on it while I went to see if I could be of any help.

I don't know if he had a stroke or what, but the man was unable to move at all by himself.
The man had fallen and he was partially blocking the door of the stall, but fortunately I was thin enough to squeeze inside and stand him up so the door could be opened. I asked someone to roll a chair with wheels in there so I could sit him down, and asked someone else to alert a manager that someone was hurt in the bathroom.
I stood there holding him up (which felt like forever, but in reality probably only took a few minutes)until the chair was wheeled in and by that time the manager had called the paramedics and they were on their way.

The old man was very grateful and thanked me profusely, as did his wife and daughter who were waiting outside the bathroom.
I didn't do it for the accolades, I was just glad I could be of help.

I was gone from my section for about fifteen minutes or so, which is a long time for a waiter to be away from his tables, but my co-workers, God bless 'em, made sure they wanted for nothing while all of this was going on.

Anyway, that was my excitement for yesterday.
I wonder what will happen today?