<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Have Camera, Will Travel

I am lovin' the camera on my new cell phone.
It's great for spy shots. You can take pictures of people and they just think you're sending someone a text message or checking email or something.
(People out on the street, beware!)
I'm going to have fun with this little gadget, I can tell already.

The picture quality isn't as good as with my digital camera though, and the size of the photos are smaller than what I'm used to.
Uploading them to the web is easier, though. I can do that with the touch of a button anywhere I am, only seconds after the photo is taken. With my camera I have to wait 'til I get home, hook the cable to the computer, and then upload it.
Oh, well! You can't have everything!

I love taking pictures, even though I'm not very good at it. I have an idea in my mind how I want a photo to turn out, but it never looks exactly like I wanted it to.
My technique before my digital camera was to take mass quantities of photos, (like dozens at a time) thinking the law of averages would at least make some of then turn out alright.
Now, it's more like take a picture, look at it on the screen, frown, delete it, add more light to the subject, turn on the flash or otherwise adjust the settings, and take another photo.
Repeat 'til you've got it right.

Actually, that's a pretty good philosophy for life, if you think about it: Repeat until you've got it right.
Sounds vaguely Zen or Hare Krishna-ish, don't you think?